"Wherever art goes regeneration follows. Art always gets there first" Tracey Emin

I am an official BT Storyteller for London 2012.

My profile | My content


Pages

Friday 4 March 2011

First taste



My first 'outing' in artist mode. A bright sunny afternoon in Hadleigh town. Re my earlier post - the difference with Google Street View and actually being there? You can't hear or taste the traffic! The traffic and road noise is incessant. Admittedly there are 'gaps' or lulls as traffic lights interrupt the flow. I recorded the sound and it is actually quite rhythmical. The thing I was surprised by how many benches there are. Only saw one person sitting, briefly.

Nowhere to buy a postcard I noticed! I had forgotten how suspicious it can be to be taking photographs in a shopping centre too.

Also it would seem I am not alone! I visited the Regeneration shop it seemed quite busy. I asked the lady I had spoken to previously if it were ok to take some photographs in the shop. Apparently the man with the pushchair who had just left had asked the same thing! He is taking one of the studios in the Fire Station and is 'doing a project about the London Road'. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment